Dear Larry and Joyce,
I want to share with you how God used the trip to Siloam Homes in my life.
Having a ministry providing a place for those who are ministering was an overwhelming eye opener. Hearing the testimonials of the missionary wives we visited with touched my heart with the need for “Aaron’s” to stand along side the “Moses’” to give strength, encouragement and a sense of “You’re not alone” to our fellow laborers. The Lord began to work in my heart, showing me my kingdom assignment and preparing my life for the venture ahead. I had no idea what He wanted me to do for quite some time; only that I was to be ready and willing. Little by little He began to show me the need for a place for the ladies ministries of our church to serve. The local coffee shop was the place that was being used for meetings, classes, and out-reach… not the most private, quiet or accessible location in town. But it was centrally located and not in the church… a fact that seems to make folks more comfortable.
To keep this short and tidy I will go right to what God has done.
* Helped my husband, Larry, catch the vision for this ministry and with funds from his mother’s estate, made it possible for us to purchase a home in town.
* God worked miracle after miracle to get the home furnished and ready for use.
* As I am doing writing and editing, it gives me a place away from our busy horse farm to work alone with God.
Our ministry plans include:
* Using the house for Ladies Bible studies (some of which I will be teaching) and discipling ladies.
* Connect in Comfort- Our ladies grief support group who meet the first and third Monday’s of each month.
* Help for the Hurting -Our support group and one-on-one counsel for ladies suffering with abuse.
* Life Purpose Coaching- Both one-on-one and in small groups that meet weekly at all different times.
* Single ladies small group which meets the first and third Thursday’s of the month.
* Ladies movie nights, craft nights, Women of Faith leadership meetings, and we are currently planning a Tea for the Junior High girls. (Fifth graders are finished with AWANA and move up to youth group… Our aim is to get them together with the current
Jr. High girls for an “ice breaker”)
I am so excited to see how this has all come together and how God is going to use “THE HAVEN” for His kingdom work and for His glory. When Pastor Bob asked me what I wanted visiting ladies to take away with them when they leave I said that I wanted weary ladies to go away refreshed; discouraged ladies to go away encouraged; empty ladies to go away filled and lonely ladies going away knowing there is a haven where they can go and be accepted, loved and pampered a bit. Above all, I want them to go away knowing the love of God.
I thank God for my trip to Siloam Missionary Homes and for the eternal value it has placed in my heart and life. May God continue to bless you and His Siloam Homes ministry.