It is impossible for me to sit and try to write a letter or an article without thinking of the Greatness of our Lord Jesus Christ, and of the joy that comes through serving our risen Savior here at SMH and being able to see those that have been called to go into all the world. There is no mistaking the fact that Mathew 28:19-20 is a direct command for All of us. I know in my own life, it is easy to say, “Well, I don’t necessarily have to do this or that, I’m sure someone else will be there to do it.” (No one can take your place in what the Lord has laid on your heart. That’s why He laid it on YOUR heart.)
The summer season has been a whirlwind (HOT too). We have had 11 large groups and several smaller groups and individuals to come out volunteering throughout the summer. We pulled away from working on the new house due to time and finances. I wanted to wrap up several open-ended projects and be able to refocus with a clean project list. (As you know there is always a list :- )
I’d like to say thanks again to all that have volunteered in order to make this place what it is.
- 3/12/11 Mebane Presbyterian Men and youth - one day, brush clean-up
- 3/26/11 Summerfield 1st Baptist Church - Mulching and brush cleanup, install double doors in Treasure Chest
- 4/9/11 Crosslink Community Church - Clothes sorting, folding, and organizing for the Treasure Chest, pressure washing houses and buildings, building picnic table, brush cleanup, and spreading mulch
- 4/20-22/11 New Covenant Youth Retreat - Fence painting, refurbish and clean up the big playground, replaced the netting around the playground and build a cover over it
- 4/30/11 Cornerstone Baptist Church - Campsite clearing, pressure washing, staining decks, hedge trimming, weed pulling, fence building and replacement, pouring concrete in the Wreck Center for the floor, and on the front porch of the new house, missionary kids camp, sorting clothes in the Treasure Chest, and cooking and serving lunch to all of the missionaries and everyone on the SMH property for the day
- 5/5-6/11 Wake Christian Church Youth retreat - Brush clean up, construction of walls in Wreck Center
- 6/4/11 Brush Creek Baptist Church - Wall Construction for the Wreck Center
- 6/7/11 Glen Hope Baptist Youth - Stucco foundation walls on new house construction
- 6/28/11 Grove Park Baptist - Construction of walls in the Wreck Center
- 7/5-9/11 Maple Grove Church - Construction and sorting clothes, stocking the shelves in Dad’s Country Store
- 8/5/11 and 8/12/11 Living Free Ministries - Siding on the Treasure Chest and on Unit J
Thanks to all of these groups and also to Henry, Ken, Bobby, Eric, Evan, Doug, Johnny, Dallas, Brian, Peter, Michael and the countless others that have given of their time and labor. There is no possible way that we could do any of this without you all.
Mike Rich, Director